Dibi-Style Leg of Lamb
Dibi-Style cooked leg of lamb is slow roasted, wrapped in parchment.
- 3 sprigs thyme leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large yellow onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- Baguettes for serving
- Tamarind Kani Sauce for serving (recipe follows)
Preheat the oven to 275 °F
Combine thyme, mustard, cumin, salt, pepper and oil. Rub over the leg of lamb.
Line a baking sheet with a piece of kraft paper large enough to enclose the lamb and onions. Spread the onions in a layer in the center of the paper and lay the lamb on top. Carefully pour the water around the leg. Fold the paper tightly around the lamb and onions, enclosing them like a package. Make sure the paper is completely sealed. A clean paper grocery bag tied closed is another option.
Place the lamb on the baking sheet in the oven and roast for 8 hours. The lamb is done when the meat pulls away and is tender. Serve from the paper or on a platter with baguette chunks, extra mustard and kani sauce on the side.